Psychological assessment or evaluation can play a critical role in both diagnosis and treatment planning. Accurate assessment may involve components such as interviews, standardized testing, computerized testing, and behavioral inventories.
Evaluations may be recommended by a physician, requested by a parent, self-referred or ordered by a court. Providers have expertise in working with a wide variety of age ranges from early childhood to geriatric populations. At Responsive Centers, psychological assessment services are offered in a variety of areas, including:
- Assessment for attentional difficulties
- Comprehensive psychological assessment of emotional and personality problems
- Custody evaluations
- Parenting assessments
- Educational evaluations (including intelligence and learning disability evaluation)
- Competency evaluation
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Substance abuse assessments
- Autism spectrum screenings
- Pre-surgery evaluations
- Employment-related assessments
Contact Our Intake Coordinator
Dr. Mitchell Douglass has watched the last couple of weeks with increasing alarm. As the medical director of The University of Kansas Health System Marillac Campus, an inpatient child psychiatric facility in Overland Park, Kansas, Douglass has seen more and more beds...
We hope that all of you are staying safe and are well. We know how difficult this is for all of us. Clinicians and staff have continued to work diligently to provide the mental and emotional health services that we have provided for the past 40 years. Due to COVID-19...